Saturday, December 25, 2010

Update from my husband, Justin

Other/NMO (10%) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuromyelitis_optica) vs MS (90%) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_sclerosis)

So this is what we are more than likely talking about as Kristi's neurologist has looked at the results from the Lumbar Puncture and will more than likely be waiting to get all the Blood Work results together before meeting with us again.

First, let me say that my wife is one tough cookie!  She has been through so many tests, been to so many appointments and all while not being able to see much of anything at first.  Thank God her vision is coming back even if it is gradually.

Second, I love my wife very much and I say this because she will more than likely read this and I just want her to know that I will be right by her side no matter what.  Which reminds me of that day so long ago it seems back on the 6th day of May back in 2000.

Question, "Justin, do you take Kristi to be your wedded wife to live together in marriage?"
Answer, "I do."
Question, "Do you promise to love, comfort, honor and keep her for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to her so long as you both shall live?"
Answer, "I do."

When I said I do, it also means I will.  I will love you the best that I can love you.  Let's keep God at the center of our relationship as He has been and I know we will be together as long as God allows.

To all the readers of this Blog, I appreciate any prayers that you have said and will continue to say.  I would ask that you pray specifically for my wife as this is a really difficult time for her as she is trying to figure out what has just happened and as she attempts to put all of this into perspective.  She is a great mother, an awesome wife, and a wonderful leader for our family for Christ.

To all that have helped out in one way or another I just want to say thank you so much for everything that you have done to help make this very difficult time a little bit easier.

I remember the first time we said this prayer together as a family I thought it was kinda weird, however since then it has really meant something when I say it...

Our Father, which art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.
Amen.
 
Let all we do bring glory to God.

And with that I will sign off for now as my family sleeps and I sit up praying for a Christmas gift for my wife...Healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment