Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN

So here it goes...

Met with a NMO Specialist and he has reservations about if I have NMO or not.  He took more blood to test to get an updated analysis on it specifically for NMO.

Getting this guys thoughts about my condition was interesting due to the recent visit with a MS Specialist at the Clinic of Neurology in Golden Valley.  That gentleman made it seem like he was leaning toward MS although he did note that it seemed like it was in the very, very, very early stages of it which means I may not have another "flare-up" for 10-15-20 years.  I liked to hear that, even more I liked when he said if I was his daughter that he wouldn't move forward with a treatment at this time but would like to continue to monitor closely with new MRI's in a 6 month interval.

So in short I'm waiting again.

You're prayers are very welcomed and appreciated.

Other thoughts:

It's funny that now the initial storm has passed it's almost like life is back to normal with the exclusion of my thoughts.  Before I thought about other things, now all I can think about is if I feel tingling in my legs or if I move my eyes just right I could maybe feel some soreness?  I am not sure, I think my mind is playing tricks on me.  Please pray for peace for me.

All in all I would say that this whole thing has brought a new perspective to my life and to my families lives as we don't take anything for granted anymore.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Update on Kristi

Sorry I haven't posted for awhile.  It seems as though I don't have enough time in my day to do everything.

 As far as my eyesight I would say it is about 99% better! I had a second opinion last Friday.  No new tests were done or anything.  It was basically just going over my case with a ms specialist.  He is not sure if I have ms. I guess to get a definitive diagnosis there needs to be two episodes at two different times.  So again back to the waiting table.

My appointment at the Mayo is scheduled on March 14th.  I'm a little nervous about even going.  I'm not sure what kind of tests they are going to want to do.  I've heard that they like to do do a lot of their own testing.  Being it's been a couple months now since I've had some tests done that they might want to repeat them anyway. Part of me wants to wait until I have another episode if I even ever do to go.