Thursday, January 13, 2011

Today I had an appointment with my neurologist.  Basically, she went over all of the test results and plan of action for my diagnosis and treatment. 

MS is still being ruled out.  There is really nothing that jumps out as far as any of the tests pointing to anything.  We are still waiting for the results of the spinal tap to give us a yes or a no to NMO even though the blood test is negative.  She has me continuing to take 20mg of Prenisone every day instead of weaning me off of it.  The reason for that is until we know for sure whether or not I have NMO, it's best to keep my inflammation areas hopefully controlled with the Preinisonze.

My Dr. wants me to go and see a NMO specialist/expert down at the Mayo Clinic.  I probably won't be able to get in appointment there for a month or more.

All in all I feel pretty good about my appointment today.  Although, still a little nervous that I have NMO but continuing to put it in God's hands.

I am still having the light flashes at night.  I forgot to mention that to my Dr. today.  I hope that they don't get worse and that it's just part of the healing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment