Friday, May 1, 2015

Jonah is a very tough young man...Dad, not so much...

Get up at 5:40AM
Head to work at 6:30AM
Get there at 6:55AM
Work until 10:30AM, then head home
Get home at 11:00AM
Eat lunch with other kids (Subway)
Leave to IVIg in Plymouth for 1st time at Plymouth location: 11:35AM
Get there at 12:20PM
IVIg starts at 1:35PM
IVIg ends at 5:30PM
Heading home with a boy that did great
Get home at 6:20PM
Feed Jonah his Yogurt, Bacon, Heavy-Whipping Cream with Coconut bites at 6:30PM
Hanging out with Jonah playing video games, he loves Mario for the WII U
Getting restless so Jonah springs up and runs outside, I go for a cookie so I don't have to eat it in front of him
I watch as he blazes a path outside just past the garage where I lose sight of him and expect him to be in the front yard shortly
I scarf down the cookie, and wait for him to run around the corner...
I wait...
He doesn't run around the corner...
I retraced his path that he was so quick to set out on and I find him...
Just beyond where I lost sight of him around the corner of the garage...
I find him on the ground, face down having a seizure, through the seizure he is crying...
I feel horrible...
I pick him up and hug him...
He continues to cry and have a seizure in my arms...
I move him from the ground into the living room where I snuggle him some more, he is still crying...
Kristi gets home at 7:45PM and he is still having a hard time, thankfully he isn't having a seizure anymore
I start to think that something else is going on and I inspect his back and shoulder area to find his right collar bone doesn't look right...
I feel like poo for not being able to be there for him when he needed me...

This is not uncommon, just uncommon for me, as I don't get to hang out with him most of the time as I am at work away from the house.

So from this usually unaffected dad that seemingly can bear most anything, this seems to have really effected me, sorry, I thought some might want insight as to what some days are like for me.

Justin.

No comments:

Post a Comment